Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fun things I've done in London thus far!

On July 4th, I got tickets to see Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead at the Royal Haymarket Theatre. It was a wonderful and hilarious show and I was lucky enough to get really good seats in the 9th row center. I had never seen or read this play, but I had heard that it was hilarious and it had gotten really good reviews, so me and a couple of classmates went and it was a blast!

I finally had fish and chips--it only took me six days!  My friends and I went to a pub called the Mulberry Bush that is across the street from the ITV studios and about three blocks away from our flats.  I was a little bit taken aback because the place I went didn't take the scales off of the bottom half of the fish--apparently this is a common occurrence in England. Next time, I'll have to go to the South Bank of the Thames and get fish and chips there sans scales.

Last Wednesday, I also got to meet up with Jess Zaiken, one of my friends from undergrad at Drake University. She and I walked along the South Bank of the Thames and had dinner. Jess was here for three and a half weeks taking some classes to count toward her law degree. It was definitely good to see a friendly face!

The next morning, my brother Joey and his girlfriend Sarah were scheduled to fly into London for a two and a half week tour of London, Amsterdam and Prague, so we got to meet up and have breakfast before I left for Paris that afternoon. Unfortunately, this was the day that the London weather decided to be uncooperative and it was pouring rain, so we couldn't walk along the south bank and get the really good pictures of Big Ben, Parliament, and the City of London.

My next update will be about Paris--so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment